HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally got myself another traditional muzzleloader
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 PM
cornfork
Spike

Talking Finally got myself another traditional muzzleloader

After I sold my CVA Hawken to pay for something I kicked myself for doing so. Finally after many months I picked up a Lyman Plains Rifle in .45 through a trade.

I've attached a photo of the rifle. Now its time to figure out what sort of powder and ammo I need for a .45. The CVA I had was a .50 so it was fairly easy to find ammo and such at Gander Mountain. Looks like I might need to order through Track of the Wolf for this gun. Either way I'm excited to be back in the hobby again. I thoroughly enjoyed cleaning the barrel for the first time. oh how I missed it!! Speaking of the barrel, it looks like its in GREAT shape. The guy said he thinks it was never shot.

Now its time to go do some research on this make and model. The barrel says its made in Italy. I also was worried that the .45 might not be good enough for deer hunting but from what I read online, it should do fine. anyways I thought I would just stop in and say hello
Attached Images