HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tasco Titan scopes?s
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 PM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

Default Tasco Titan scopes?s

I remember back over a decade ago that these scopes were built in ***an by one of the better scopemakers and was Tasco's attempt at competing with the high dollar euro scopes. They never got a fair break because of the name (Ferrari can build the car but if you slap Yugo on the grill and trunklid it just aint gonna get much respect!) and the company was sold and now for the last 10-15yrs we see Tasco essentially referred to as Trashco. I know the original "***an built" Tasco's were actually quite decent scopes, especially for the money. But like most others who've since shipped their mfrg to the Phillipines, China, Vietnam etc... the stuff now is crap.

Like I said, I remember the Titan scopes but never actually looked thru or handled one personally. I remember hearing they were built like tanks, a little heavy, had fantastic glass in them and of course were 30mm tubes. The reason I ask is I was in an old gunshop the other day looking over everything and I was shocked to see 2 brand new, still in the original dust covered boxes, Titan 3x9x42s in the display case. I want to say the original, very faded pricetags were marked near $300 and had been x-out to a scant over $200. Now I realize they aren't in any way related to the "newer" Tasco company and would essentially be a brand new scope with ZERO warranty. But for crapsNgiggles and based on the fact that I enjoy "different" and "odd" items, I must admit being interested in snapping up those 2 scopes and tossing them in the closet for the heck of it. (I actually have a project rifle I might start soon so I might actually WOULD mount one up and use it.)

Anyone have any REAL experience or remembrance of the Titans?
HL