HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rage broadheads with low poundage???
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
hatchet jack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BGfisher
I wouldn't doubt that maybe you have seen such results, but if you watch any hunting shos you'd see just as many shots taken with 70# bows that produce barely enough penetration to reach the vitals. And no matter what head is used this has always baffled me.

I've shot my share of deer over the decades and the only shots that didn't produce a complete passthrough have been those where I hit the spine or offside shoulder or leg bone. But then I've never even considered mechanical heads.

Call it arrogance or whatever, but I've always spent the time and effort to get my fixed blade heads to fly true. I tune with the attitude that I will get them to fly right no matter what or how long it takes. And really, once you learn how to tune it isn't all that hard. You just have to pay attention to details and use a tuning method you can learn to understand.

Rome wasn't built in a day and learning about tuning isn't learned in a short time either, but apply yourself and it can be learned. Anything less constitutes a lack of proper ethics in my book. There is just no excuse for not trying.
Well said! good points