HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM
huntman1235
Spike

zim, i dont use decoys any more, its fun and everything to see them come strut in but what really works for me is calling to them and have them come in looking for me. i did that 3 different times this year but was waiting for a big gobbler so i didnt shoot the one i could of, also passed up a flock of jakes. its so fun also trying to play the "game" of gettting them to come in looking for u. i learned so much this year and am completely confident in my mouth call now. i called up several hens, its like having a conversation with them and learning what call to use and when not to use it. i learned hens will come right in with some soft calling, by imitating them, whatever u do, if u do it right back they come right in looking for u and standing 5 feet away walking circles around u. its so fun and thats why i love turkey hunting, also on the decoy note, if a strutter sees a hen he will want her to come to him, if theres no hen he sees he will come looking for her if u say the right things to him