HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Long Range Patterns
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 04:11 PM
Adrian J Hare
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Brad C.
Well if you talk to Hal(hawglips) who has done probably more patterning than anyone I know on the internet with maybe the exception of Clark(allaboutshooting), he will say the exact same thing I said about losing 80 to 100 pellets in your 10" at each additional 10yds you shoot. That even goes for TSS shot **************** which is 18g/cc and a lot denser than lead or Hevi-13 or Federal Heavweight. Now if TSS will lose 80 to 100 pellets from 30yds to 40yds and another 80 to 100 shot each additional 10yds out to let's just stop at 60yds, and I have seen some of the 350 shot 20GA patterns that TSS #9's will put up with the heavier 20GA reloads of this shot to where I could see a true 150 10" pattern with it at that distance, but I don't see a 150 10" 40yd pattern from any 20GA putting up even a 50 shot pattern at a true 60yds.

Yep ! all I got to say is This is old gobbler talking and a referral to the "Old Sugar Shot" quotes.

I'm done here , None of who you named has any idea how a Normal shotgun shell shoots in a good pattern. When you want to talk in the numbers that work in what shells are being used then lets talk, but don't give me your Chest pumped pattern numbers of shells that are not in the same league.

Everyone to their own, you boast Patterns and I'll kill the birds I hunt...

Done !

Last edited by JW; 05-30-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edited out things for sale ~ JW