HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - turkey shoot guns
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Blhs3302
Spike

Talking RE: turkey shoot guns

I can tell you that the turkey shoots here have rules. No sights just beads, they have bore measures milled to the bore(20 gauge diameter for 12) and back bore (and they will check it win or lose(there is a line to check all guns before you buy your chit), once checked all guns will stay on the rack until the round is over, 12 gauge and under...No 10's, max length 32 inchs, Shells will be supplied by the club, they will be 9 or 8 shot (all the same per match straight out of the box), all guns are to be factory spec, all cards are judged by three non-shooters on a number only basis, judgments are final.

Given these restrictions I have found that my browning in 3&1/2 12 blows those cards up. Last shoot I brought home 6 of 12 prizes for the day (would have been 7 but my father-in-law double shot my target so we got disqualified). I won't shoot for money cause I don't want them to disqualify my gun. Last year alone I paid for the cost of the gun in grocery's and can't wait to do it again this year.