HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Longest shot ?
Thread: Longest shot ?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

The coyote was almost perfectly broadside ... facing away from me a tad. I was hunting deer at the time from a brush blind I had made in a stand of thinned pines that was about 75 yards from a food plot. The coyote was easing along the edge of the food plot. I was sitting on the ground. My "rest" was my knee. The coyote only jerked a tad as the bolt passed overhead. Did not seem to pick up on the "whap" of the release of the cross bow until it would have been too late. Looked around a few seconds and then bounced off. Definitely not comfortable at the commotion.

I was using a Parker Tornado, Red Hot bolts, and 125 gr. Montec 3-blade broadheads. The sight I use is a Nikon that has the BDC type cross-hair. It has a 60 yard "pin" that is darn close for what I shoot .... I aimed about a foot high expecting a dramatic drop in that last 15 or so yards. Was not as severe as I thought it would be, so I wound up shooting over the coyote like I said ... looked like about half a foot or so.

I did kill one the previous season with my cross bow ... about a 17 yard shot from a climbing stand that I was up in about 20'.