HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3* ~ Turkey Dynasty
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Well boys as I drag back in here......wow what a season - shot 5 birds however I have no better than the first I recorded......learned a ton from the birds this year......and decoys.......I never was a DSD fan but am a convert now!

If you can afford them you will not find anything better even if it is a mounted bird as a decoy. I saw things that these will do that I never even thought possible......and I have crappy video to prove it.....

So now I will be spending a few days to put the equipement away.....flat wore out 2 box calls......broke one box and cracked my crystal pot......broke a blind....logged a ton of walking time......up at 2 AM out by 3 AM and did that for over 6 weeks the last 3 everyday rain or shine........lost 19 lbs too and that is a good thing.

So off to back rading and gathering all the kills from Team Dynasty.......thanks for your patience......and I will be writing a few of my stories and posting a few of the pics and maybe a video or two as I have that also.....
think the neatest thing about my DSD flock........I had 5 really nice toms who I coaxed in after I coaxed two hens first to which came in all in strut 5 abreast and then proceeded to kick the snot out of my DSD Jake no more than 8 to 10 yards from where my daughter and I sat.......she got hers......I blew it and put another hole in the dirt for the second time with this kid of mine.......man 26 yrs of hunting these birds and I know I just needed to wait to which I did not do.....I got too dang excited yet again.....
Hers was 23 lbs 4 oz and every one of that front line looked all the same........certainly would ahve been an upgrade for me.....
Geez...dang dummy I am..

But I will be busy getting this contest done.....

Dave