HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hevi shot is impressive!
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 06:56 PM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bghunter777
Brad sounds to me like your the only one without a 60 yard gun.
I've been reading and keeping up on these threads regarding long distance shooting and have to say that this BG post is a real low blow to a person who feels like I do that many people are stretching the distance way too far in a sport that is basicly thought of as a close up sort of thing. Isn't fooling a bird and not "potting" him out at these long distances just because you can what turkey hunting is really all about? I also agree that there are not that many guns or people that will shoot a pattern with enough pellets for close to a 100% assurance that the shot will drop the bird cleanly at the distances you guys are talking about. Ones on this thread that have the guns and have patterned them to do it is one thing, but as Brad has stated, for the most part all this is doing is making ones that don't have the proper equipment and time invested to insure a bird is cleanly taken think they can do it. I use a 2 3/4" chambered Model 1200 I bought in college back in 1967 and will not shoot at a bird past 40 yards based on my patterning and the pure fact that if I can't get a bird within that distance I'll let him win the battle that day and go after him again another day.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 05-24-2013 at 07:01 PM.