HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
Im finished as well. I only killed one bird this year and still felt like I had a successful season. I think the team did fine and I believe we are still in the lead in the contest.
I had a good season as well in spite of my impatience which cost me my biggest Tom ever Captain,its a delight just to get out and spend time in the forest and countryside. This field is where I finished my season and this Turkey was in a different spot than where I was hunting the last day in the evening hours. We got him on the trail camera at 10:45 am on Sunday the 12th. This is the field I thought was going to provide me with the big Tom I missed on that Monday,this is where he was struttin and gobbling Saturday morning. I was 60 yards to the left of where my decoy is setup when the dog came into the field and spooked all the birds off. This is where my Buddy Kent got his 22 lb. Tom that afternoon it was a bird I had worked that morning but he drifted off later to come back in the field at the oppsite end of where I was set up.
Attached Images     

Last edited by doetrain; 05-22-2013 at 04:18 AM.