HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lake of Ozarks
Thread: Lake of Ozarks
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Johnny b
Nontypical Buck

Default Lake of Ozarks

This past weekend went down to the Ozarks with my cousin Marty and our wifes. Marty and I hit the water around 2pm on Friday, my second shot landed me a nice 12# buffalo. A bit later Marty stuck a pretty nice 38# buffalo that was the big fish of the trip. It was a bit slow and shots were far apart. Then on Saturday there were a coupla of Bass tournaments and even a bow fishing tourney (rough fish round up). So every cove and at least 2 boats in it and more on the way. It was very slow as you know once the fish are spooked takes a wile for them to come back. That evening we got some good information from a bass fisherman on the were bouts of some gar. So on Sunday we were able to get into some nice long nose gar. There is little fishing courtesy down there. It was not uncommon for us to be fishing our way into a cove (we all know that usually the fish are at the end of the cove) and have a bass boat go right around us and cut us off. They could care less we were worse that a foster child to them. We did boat several 50 inch long nose. all together we boated 17 fish in 2 1/2 days.