HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Brad C.
Fork Horn

Well remember this as well when talking about TSS shot. It from the get-go has an advantage over other shot due to it's super hard and dense. So the smaller size TSS pellets have a smaller surface area when it comes to shooting at tin or sheetmetal. So that explains why lead don't have a chance to compete in this test. But having said that TSS from the guys I know that shoots it swear by the results that they obtain shooting the real thing, a turkey when it comes to patterns and penetration. Think of the TSS(#9's or 8's) as little hypodermic needles that pierce the skin, bones or feathers on a live turkey. Then and only then can a person appreciate its advantage over lead and other htl shot. But also remember that TSS is like $55 a pound or so to ship. I believe I am right on that, but it may not count shipping. About $9 a pop to load a 2.25oz load, so you have to ask yourself is it feasible to use. For turkey hunting I would say it can be, but not for a guy that just wants to pattern the stuff it would be silly and break a guy quickly if he did so.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-19-2013 at 04:22 PM.