HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why use #7 shot or have it in a blend?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Brad C.
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Brad C., I have no idea who you are or what your thinking, or even why your so caught up in pellet count.
That being said, as you stated you can't learn when you already know it all, here is what I bring to the table, since I started turkey hunting in 1974 I have taken 162 turkeys, over 100 of those were taken with a custom built valmet 412 with a mark bansner turkey predator choke that measures .632, mark developed this choke to pattern at least 90% in a 30" circle at 40 yards, mine will consistently pattern at 94% using federal premiem 2 oz loads, like I said I have taken turkeys to 76 yards with it, I never had one get away wounded, and I will with confidance kill them at 75 yards and none of your numbers mumbo jumbo will change that. now I suggest you back off the banter till you can prove that nobody can kill turkeys consistently at the ranges. If there is a problem I can contact a mod to moderate so to speak.
RR
Well I don't care who you are or if you killed 500 turkeys if you think lead 6's will kill a turkey at 76yds your fuller than the horse you rode in on. You can contact a mod, won't hurt me any. But I know one thing if the mod is a true turkey hunter he probably will tell you to go tell your 75yd 162 turkey bs to someone that might buy it. I don't care if the Pope made your choke and blessed it 10 times over it ain't gonna make a choke do what the unthinkable. The same goes for the Federal Premium 6's. I used to shoot them myself. But I know the limits of the load and my choke and gun. 6's in lead will run out of power to kill much past 50yds.

That's the best one I have heard yet. And you call yourself a turkey hunter. You need to to shovel your trash talk somewhere else where maybe someone will be dumb enough to believe your bs.

Last edited by Brad C.; 05-18-2013 at 05:10 PM.