HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Musk Ox Hunt Booked
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 09:17 PM
AK Jeff
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Chopayne
Hmm I wonder what website I looked at that made the price $9000-$12,000. $6,000 is a bit more affordable and only slightly more than what Jeff is paying.

$1650 to have a full body mount is about 1/4 of the price it wouldve cost a taxidermist to do correct? Pretty interesting, Id like to mount alot of what I hunt but ive heard it is about 1-2 year wait and it costs alot.

Jeff are you stationed out there in Alaska? I met someone over here in Afghanistan who is really big into big game hunting and deep sea fishing, said he got most of it knocked out while he was stationed there. Im thinking about trying for Alaska, but that is a few years away. However, I wouldn't want to get stationed at Ft Wainwright and would prefer Ft Richardson, I dont do well with extreme cold weather and im an absolute terrible driver in snow.
No I'm not stationed in AK, I just live there. It's a really tough and expensive place to hunt but it has it's perks. I much prefer Fairbanks to Anchorage myself. They're both cold and the traffic in Anchorage is awful.