HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 460 No Excuse Load Question
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Dutch
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Josmund
Above I'm working on a 50 but I've already sighted in a .540 White Bison using the 535s with 70 of T7 3F. Same thing as you, one hole at 50 yards and 1.5" groups at 100. I have mine sighted in for 3" high at 50 which is still 1.5" high at 100. I figured this to be about 9" low at 150.

I'm pretty sure that If you can dope the drop, it's a killer. I figure inside 125 yards it's a point and shoot scenario.

I did find my Bison likes a fouled barrel. I'm still going to mess around with knurling the bullets or perhaps use Teflon tape. I think either of these will keep the bullet on the load and help keep accuracy tight from the get go.

They are amazing. This slip fit shooting is an eye opener for this former sabot loyalist.
One point I failed to mention is that the four shot group at fifty started with a clean barrel. I swab with 7:1 Ballistol:water mix between shots. No worries about shifting point of impact clean verses fouled with this rifle. Also the T7 crud ring is nearly non-existent with this load. Its going to be hard to resist this combination this November! I just need to get comfortable that the round won't migrate off the powder charger with carrying the rifle in the field. I will try the knurling trick.