HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 ~ Hang em High
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Well guys I blew it this morning but, they are surely there. I went up to the place in the lines without any road except for the one I drove in on. I thought I had the time all figured out. But once I started up the hill going in there I noticed it was getting light quicker than I had thought it would. So I gave it more gas trying to hurry in there. Wouldn't you know on the last corner and hill I was rounding right square in the middle of the road was 2 hens and a real nice tom. I am guessing they just came down from their roost just before I came along. The tom ran right beside the truck and as I tried to stop he flew. The hens decided to fly right after he did. I set up for around an hour without any results. I decided to leave them alone so I can give them a decent try in the morning.

On the way back I decided to try another area where some jakes and a very large tom had been just before the season started. I went and set up in the woods this time. I no longer got set up and set down when I heard a gobble. Well he gobbled several times and another gobble chimed in. Unfortunately nothing would show itself. Also I found a place where they were dusting so that is looking up as well. So hopefully tomorrow I will have that big one I saw with the hens.. I hope that I did not bother them to bad this morning..

Good Luck everyone that is still hunting!