HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 ~ Hang em High
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

If you are able to get back out j76, I hope you have some great luck on them! Actually I just hope you get to give them a few more trys at least.. Good Luck to you.

Well, I went again this morning with nothing new to report on.. But, I am not giving up.. I will be back at it again Friday and Saturday.. I most likely will spend most of my time where I was today. I saw a tom or jake run across the road heading in there. I really could not say for sure as the way it ran across. All I can really say is that it looked to have been a decent bird. The head color was just a glowing lol. I am thinking I will put a night cap on one yet.. I never hunted it as I had been hunting from my blind site.

I took a pic of the area so you can see it is the same but, very different when it comes to the amount of people traveling it.. There is a ton of bird droppings on the lines. So I am heading right back in early in the morning. I just have a hard time wondering why nothing is talking back at my calls.. Anyways here is the picture.. Notice no road!! It is back there quite a long ways. Notice how little green grass and clover is showing. I am hoping it will get growing pretty quick as I think the green stuff will make a better game changer.. Anyways I will surely be back at it there in the morning..

This is a section of the 83 miles of field I like hunting in the best..

Good Luck to all still hunting out there or is about to be!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 05-02-2013 at 04:06 PM.