HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Scoop
Thread: The Scoop
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by rodwha
True Muley, but they state that there is no reason for them. Some have even stated that it is unsportsmen like to use anything but a PRB, that even traditional conicals are terrible. You either need to learn the trajectory and windage or get closer.

I think it's a little closed minded.

But they've also opened the door to the usage of PRB. It's what I intend on using in my Deerstalker as I chose it as my first rifle since most hunting is done within 100 yds (I've shot no further than 80 yds so far), and I wanted a rifle i could walk around all weekend with. I saw a RB as worthless and didn't understand how it could work. It has no real sectional density and such poor BC. From my modern understandings it was as worthless as these guys see other projectiles.
Yes, I know. I can't fault them, because I feel the same way, and i'm sure I have many posts on the forum you're talking about. It's a different way of hunting, and you need to accept the limitations of hunting like they did in that era. The minute you try to improve it. You've lost sight of the goal.

Primitive hunting, or modern ML hunting. Make your choice, but be faithful to your choice.