HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big buck contests?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 07:36 AM
iamyourhuckleberry
Nontypical Buck

Why does there need to be a separation Pete? Why not let hunters hunt? There's the Barta way, Pete's way, and Will's way-among others. At the end of the day, at the end of all the long/hard fought seasons, at the end of our lives...do those trophies hanging on the walls or sitting on the shelves, whether they are tangible mounts, readable books, or viewable photographs, mean anything to anyone other than you? For me, the answer is maybe, maybe not. I will not deny any hunter his walk on this planet. I will even congratulate him whether he's successful or not. The mere fact that he/she was out there legally hunting is enough for me. I will look upon them as a kindred soul-contest or not. All too often we hunters are blinded by our own arrogance. It is one thing to preach/teach, it is another to practice what you preach/teach. Life is way too short to have to worry about enemies...

Have you ever had a great hunt, and never killed anything? You had such a good time that it didn't matter? Sometimes the game needs to win too.
All the time and couldn't agree more.

I would buy your book.

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 05-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.