HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 ~ Hang em High
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Phil from Maine
Boone & Crockett

Phil nice pics, a couple of those toms, in the pics, will do.
John, if I get to see any of them while traveling to my blind I will do my best at getting one of those big fellas.. The one where I set my blind up looks like the biggest of them. I am not sure though as I have so far been only capable to get within 250 yards of him. I set my blind up around 100 yards straight across from where he comes out of the woods at. If all else fails I know of a couple of gated roads that no one will take the time to walk. There are even more birds in those areas. So I am looking pretty good at getting one and hopefully both of them. But it is hunting so who knows.. One thing is for sure I will be out there giving it my best shot.

I agree with you Mottz we can win this tourney! Not only that I have a good feeling we are going to be the Champs for 2013! So come on guys do not let us pressure you none as we know we can do it! Just remember it is sometimes just a big waiting game for those turkeys to show up. I try and find a spot where there will not be as much hunters looking for them and wait them out. If they are in your areas they will come out at some point.

Real nice story snapper! I am glad you waited a little while longer for the bigger bird to come out behind the jake. The team is proud of you, but, we still want to see the pics..

I am not sure if our team captain started today or not. I have no idea on what his weather is currently like. I hope he was able to get out there and give them a try! I also hope he has had some good luck to report if he did..

Good Luck everyone!

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.