HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OT...It's gone WAY too far!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 PM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

We played a game called 'Stretch' on the school playground during recess, and also before school. Can't really recall the 'rules'. Just remember throwing our knives, and sticking them in the ground and the opponent had to stretch his foot out to the knife. Kinda recall, we had to stick the knife in the ground close to the foot of the opponent, and then he had to stretch his foot to the stuck blade, or some such thing. Winner was the last man standing, so it seems one couldn't just stick the knife a way out yonder. Seems i recall some kind of 'honor' to avoid sticking the knife into the opponent's foot.

Myself, i kinda recall i quit playing when i discovered the blade of my knife was dulled by sticking it into the ground. To bad i didn't have the diamond stones then, that i have now, and/or the money to purchase such a thing. Right now my 'carry' knife is a Case with a single non-stainless blade , that one opens with one hand. Never will i forget when i discovered how brittle the stainless blade was, on a new pretty knife. Today, one kinda has to search for a pocket knife that doesn't have a stainless blade, but they are plentiful, and easy to find, if one looks.