HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Site adjustment?
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 04:55 AM
Psylocide
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jeffgothro
Thanks, I'm quite proud of my bow, in fact, its one of the nicest things I've ever owned in my intire life. I dont have a peep site on my bow, I have eye problems and I really cant see things that close, I have astigmatism in my shooting eye. I'm thinking of buying this, also since I will be able see it unlike a peep that to close to my eye....

http://www.archeryinnovations.com/pa...isanchorsight/

I cant really answer any of the other questions, other then I've lowerd my anchor point, I try to have the knuckle of my thumb right around where my jaw and ear-lobe meet, and I try to keep a very relaxed grip on the bow to avoid torque on the bow.
I don't think a peep is really neccessary... you can get by just by keeping a consistent anchor and form.

Once your shooting is consistent and arrows are grouping well, adjust your sites and you're good to go.

If you're planning on hunting and can hit within +/- 4" of where you're aiming consistently, you're not going to have much of a problem taking game.

If you're planning on doing competitive shooting, 3D or target archery, then you obviously want to be closer to that X.