HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 1 ~ Beard Bandits
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
Arrowmaster
Super Moderator

Ok I left Saturday for Missouri. Set my lind on Sunday. Headed out Monday morning for opening day. I head to my blind only to find it turned upside down from a storm the night before. Got it all fixed up back in place. Set decoys and got ready to have some fun. I heard 3 toms across the road from me and 2 on the neighbors property. Nothing within 300 yards. Well daybreak comes and I start off with some soft yelps, some clucks and purrs. About 15 mins later I repeated the series. The I heard it the old gobbler cluck. He was looking for me and apparently he wanted me to come to him. Well I couldnt convince him to come in and a closer look. He got as close as 100 yards. Bummer. He walked off. So I waited for about 30 mins and decided to get aggressive with the calls. Nothing. I then fired up a glass call and about 5 minutes later I see a gobbler headed my way. I gave hime aa few clucks and purrs. He locked on to my decoys and he was on his way. He closed the distance quick and came up a water way hopped up right behind my strutting tom decoy went to full strut at 15 yards. I put the bead on his head and knocked him right back in the water way. So we both got soaked. He weighed 20lbs, 1in spurs and 9in beard. It was an awesome hunt and I just love the rush I get from turkey hunting.