HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "Chasing Tail" on History channel
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 04:09 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

I agree with most of what everyone was saying. It made it seemed like they were wounding deer, trespassing and such. Plus, they seemed to talk way too much trash about each other. Didn't really like that.

That being said, I do a lot of urban deer hunting. I never have kids in sight of my stand but do it in somewhat of a similar matter. I'll say that these deer are not easier to kill in any way. I'm sure if you sit on someones second floor of their house and shoot out the window it would be tough but these deer know where humans are suppose to be and where they aren't. I sit in spots behind peoples houses in smaller blocks of woods and they still know what is out of the ordinary. I get busted the same amount in my urban hunting as I do out in the hills of Central Illinois. These guys, even though how horrible they portray it, are needed. There are no natural predators in these environments and no hunting so somehow these deer have to be taken. In a town I hunt, last year they paid $12,000 (yes, $12,000) to shoot 10 deer while I hunt about 1/2 mile away legally and sit in a tree waiting for deer. People just don't know that there are people willing to shoot these deer for free for meat and for sport. Its crazy.