HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Setting up the ambush. 1st Kill
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Thunderchicken217
Fork Horn

If you have the birds patterned that well you don't need to do anything except show up 30mins before fly down and sit tight. If their doing that regularly just wait em out and shoot. Sometimes they will change their routine from day to day and then return to it a few days later. If they should throw you a curve ball and not fly down and feed towards you where you can see them then I would get out of the blind and put up my decoys and start soft calling. Some soft yelps and clucks and purrs and see what happens. So to summarize if me I'd get in the blind 30 mins before fly down and hope they take their normal pattern towards you so you can get a shot. If you see em fly down or head somewhere else I'd then pop out of the blind undetected and stick me decoys up and start calling. Don't over think things and think you need all the accessories to kill a bird. Its not how great a caller you are or the most realistic decoys or anything else like that. 99% of killing a turkey is already being somewhere he wants to be. Good luck.