HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - electronic call for turkey hunting?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Thunderchicken217
Fork Horn

Not legal here in MD either. Not sure what fun it would be to use it. Me personally, I believe they should be illegal in every state. This is no offense to you guys out there who haven't mastered the art of calling yet but to me anyone can pull the trigger. Its everything else prior to that moment that takes skill and practice. I haven't actually squeezed off and killed a bird since 2009 but love turkey season as much as anyone. I have a 14 yr old son and 3 or 4 friends that I call for and they all generally get a bird every year. I realized along time ago that the guys who get all hyped up and bragging about what they shot because of someone else's calling aren't really turkey hunters(yet). I say yet because there is still a chance if they decide to put in the time and effort and annoy their wife or girlfriend in the truck with the constant practicing on a mouth call like the rest of us did. Just seems to me the calling is what the whole thing is about to begin with so if you take that part out of the equation then what. Seems lame to me but thats just my opinion.