HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boycott Colorado Hunting!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Jorgy
Nontypical Buck

So, I have been doing a lot of thinking on the whole boycott idea. Personally, I feel any hunters that are actually planning on boycotting Colorado is totally ignorant as you aren’t impacting anyone who is not on the gun rights side. So, who can you actually boycott that could actually make a difference?

I quick google search on the Colorado economy points us in a few directions.

In terms of revenue generated, Colorado's top five agricultural products are cattle and calves, dairy products, corn for grain, greenhouse and nursery products, and hogs

So, we could stop eating beef, corn products, any dairy and the wonderful swine. Nursery products, my wife isn’t going to be happy about that one, but we all have to pull together.

Leading manufactured products are scientific instruments (medical instruments, devices for measuring electric current).
Computers and communications equipment are the leading types of machinery manufactured Colorado.

The state's food processing manufacturing industries (beer brewing, soft drink bottling, meat-packing, and production of animal feed), rank third.
Other manufactured products include electrical equipment (computer components, telephone equipment, television cameras), fabricated metals (metal doors), leather and leather products (luggage), and paper (newspaper and business forms

I guess we could also stop wearing anything cotton, and if happen to need to have any surgeries planed you could ask that only items not from Colorado be used. This one hurts, your going to have to give up pop and beer too. Ouch. And, you’re going to have to stop posting to this website because your computer might have something manufactured in Colorado.

Oil, coal, and natural gas are Colorado's chief mined products.

Well, summer is almost here, we can all peddle around on our bikes and use solar ovens to cook since we will be boycotting electricity and natural gas.

So, boycotters, since you feel the need to boycott, why don’t you boycott these products/industries as they actually have the money to change politicians minds. Mom and Pop shops that would/can be affected by “Boycott Colorado” don’t.

What I will be doing is voting this fall, and every fall as I always have, and talking and educating those who have different beliefs that have been formed by ignorance.