HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Muzzys or rages?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Wilcam47
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by VTBoneCollector
I shot Muzzy 100's for years and then switched to Rage broadheads when they first came out. I've lost only one deer sense and that was because my string hit my jacket that I didn't have zipped up. And I have bagged at least one deer a year with my bow, but usually two go down to the rage broadhead. Not sure what your issue is but could it be that your bow isn't paper tuned or your shooting the wrong arrows? Causing you to have bad arrow flight. Or maybe you need to shoot more or try sighting in your bow with the practice broadhead that's in the package. No matter what broadhead you shoot, if the shot placement is poor, then the odds of you recovering your deer decrease. Just saying.
I used rage 2 blades and if they werent locked properly they could cause problems. Ive only lost one deer with the rage...it was a bad shot on my part as the arrow got stuck above the spine...but didnt leave any blood...the rest have all gone down within 50yds with the rage.
Now I live in a state where you cant use mechanical broadheads so I have muzzy's on the arrows...I killed a big doe this season with muzzy she went down within 40yds...