HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Remington 7400 bad guns?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 AM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

I dont think they are bad guns but they are not even in the same class as the Browning BAR. I have a older Belgium Browning 30-06 that was handed down from my dad that with my handloads shooting a 180gr. Sierra Pro-Hunter will shoot 1" groups and under all day long at 100 yards, and it even has a old Redfield Widefield scope on it, not the best optics in the world but I wouldnt take anything for it or change it at all. I had a Remington 7400 when I lived in Florida, it was a nice looking gun but was lucky to get 2"-2.5" groups out of it at 100 yards. Which I guess is fine for hunting rifle accuracy if you are hunting thick brushy areas. I gave it to my little brother that lives in Kentucky, he still owns it and has killed many deer with that rifle. I got rid of it because it didnt shoot to my standards. I have a old Winchester model 100 in a 284 win. that is a nice shooting gun also, it will out shoot the 7400 that I had. I have heard of other people with 7400's that claim they can shoot 1"-1.5" groups, I havnt seen one do it but I will not say they wont, all guns are different there are some bolt guns that will shoot one hole groups, you can take another identical one off the rack using the same ammo and get totally different results. I guess it is the luck of the draw. Enjoy your new rifle!!