HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What broad head has the largest cut dia?????
Old 02-14-2013, 01:17 PM
CamoCop
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fletch920
First, the shoulder blade is in fact bone. You can actually get more total cutting surface from a fixed three or four blade head than you do a large 2 blade. Shot through the heart, a large expandable will in no way drop the deer any faster than a small fixed head. You missed on all counts. Shoot what you want, but your reasoning is quite flawed.
it's obvious you like to pick and choose what you read. i never said anywhere that a large 2 blade Rage had a larger total cutting surface than a fixed 3 or 4 blade. i did say a large 3 blade expandable such as the 2" Grim Reaper has a larger total cutting surface than the 2.3" 2 blade Rage even though that Rage has a larger cutting diameter. too bad i can't draw pictures for you on here. i also said that the same 2" Grim Reaper (which is a 3 blade) has a larger total cutting surface than your fixed 3 blades. more area cut does in fact equal more and faster blood loss which in return equals faster death. i guess that 30 years in bowhunting experience doesn't equal common sense.

Last edited by CamoCop; 02-14-2013 at 01:19 PM.