HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Center Customer Service
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:55 AM
DROX
Fork Horn

Its been some years, however, the experience I had with T/C customer service was memorable! Back in the late '80s the wife and I moved to Alaska for jobs (great experience); the company moved us from Colorado. Somehow on the way up my TCR'83 Aristocrat developed a gouge in the butt stock. I can only believe the movers probably took it out of the original box and maybe dropped it. ??? In any case, the insurance was going to pick up the tab to have it repaired; all they needed was three different price quotes. So it was then my wife says to me (she's so smart) "Why don't you send it back to the people who made the gun." So I get to thinking and says to myself "who better?" So, I called T/C and explained to them what happened and they told me how much it would be to have it repaired. In fact, their quote was half of the amount of the the third cheapest quote I had from other gunsmiths. So, there goes my rifle along with a check back to the East Coast by way of UPS. Ten days later, my wife calls me at work and says "Your gun is back." I opened the box the first thing I got home. Sure enough, there is my gun with a BEAUTIFUL piece of wood, however, they had not only replaced the the butt stock they had replaced the fore stock to ensure a match! Here's the kicker, inside the box was the check I sent along with a nice letter explaining what they had done to fix the problem. I was beside myself!

When I hear folks explain their sad stories about poor T/C customer service, I just keep my lip zipped because I have no right to bad mouth them.

There it is!