HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Maryland Residents
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Default All Maryland Residents

Patriots one and all! Yesterday in Annapolis.

Dear Second Amendment Defender!

You showed up in droves yesterday! Thank you! We estimate that there were 3- 4 THOUSAND of you wall to wall in Lawyers Mall and in the Miller Senate Building. You stayed all day and stood in the cold or in line to testify.

You numbered so many that they had to close the building for safety reasons at the request of DGS Police and State Police because of the fire code capacity.
This has never happened in Annapolis! And you all did it!

I want to assure each of you that came and signed in but was not able to speak- your name is recorded and entered in the record as opposing this legislation. Please do not go away with the thought that because you couldn’t testify, your voice was not heard, or that your time was wasted. More than individual testimony, it was critically important that you show up in solid numbers, you did and your voice was heard!

I will call on you again- this is not a one day fight, but an ongoing battle. These bills and many others will be heard in the House of Delegates and I will contact you when the date of the hearing is announced. We need each of you to come back and bring more people. We can show them that we won’t back down defending our civil rights.

Constitutionally Yours,

Don H. Dwyer, Jr.
Delegate
Maryland General Assembly
District 31, Anne Arundel County
410-841-3047 (office)
www.delegatedwyer.com