HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Thompson Center Customer Service
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default Thompson Center Customer Service

Most of the time we hear about customer service in a negative connotation. Not always, but often enough. So I figure I would tell of my experiences with Thompson Center.

As some remember I was shooting my Black Mountain Magnum 50 caliber Traditional style rifle and the hammer had the nose split on me. This rifle shoots musket caps.

Well I finally got around to contacting Thompson Center about the problem and asked them if they could send me a new hammer. They refused, saying it was not their policy to mail out parts. BUT If I were willing to send them the lock and damaged hammer, they would be glad to fix it free of charge. I agreed to their terms. After all its not like I didn't have a rifle to shoot in the mean time.

So with their pre paid mailing label I sent off the lock with hammer attached. Today I received the lock back with a brand new hammer installed. I replaced the lock and an now good to go again.

I just wanted to say, it never cost me anything since they paid both ways.. and they did install a brand new hammer on the lock. That to me is good customer service. The process took only three weeks. Not too bad.