HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What broad head has the largest cut dia?????
Old 02-01-2013, 12:17 PM
huntingkidPA
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fletch920
I have stuck several muzzy's through shoulder blades. You might think of a shoulder blade as being like a barrel. I stand by what I said and it is in fact good information from over 30 years of killing game with a bow. I have tried them all and will never go back to a large expandable for anything other than turkeys. A smaller fixed head will outperform a large expandable many times over when it comes to getting pass-through shots. Also, I can pull them out of the dirt, sharpen the blades and shoot them again. You wont do that with a cheaply made Rage. Several outfitters in the midwest will not even allow the Rages on their properties. And, they are illegal in some states. Sorry Rage lovers, but facts are facts. By your own admission, the long, unsupported blades are more likely to fail or break. Sounds like your "good" information came from the marketing department of Rage. Mine came from the field.
x2 on this. i have shot 2 deer with rage, and 2 with muzzy 3 blades. both deer i shot with the rage were through the lungs. when i found the arrows the blades were so badly bent i was surprised they didn't break off. Now those muzzys on the other hand, love em'. Not hating on rage 2 blades, after all they did what there were suppose to, but them being a one shot BH at 20$ isn't right when a muzzy can do it just as good. maybe ill use a rage one day again, not soon though.