HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Poaching is WRONG!!
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 10:27 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Default Poaching is WRONG!!

Alright the last few days there obviously has been a hot topic. Instead of singling out members of the board lets single out the topic.

In my mind if a man is truely starving, and I mean tried everything else within the law to feed his family, (keep in mind welfare and other programs) then I' d say go ahead and take a deer to put some meat on the table. But I' ll be honest I have never once heard of a man poaching to feed his family. Every game warden I' ve ever talked to have also said even though they here the excuse, they have never encountered someone poaching to legitimately try to feed his family. Most of em say if they ever did encounter that situation they would help the guy clean it and get it home. But like I said, every game warden I' ve ever talked hasn' t ever seen it.

With the above being the ONLY POSSIBLE exception, poaching is illegal which makes it WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!! There is no gray area, no area subject to personal feelings, no room for family or cultural traditions that go against the law. If you poach then you are a criminal and should be treated as such.

In todays world there a so many people that poaching has become much more serious than it used to be. Poaching destroys our image, poching hurts our cause, poaching causes higher license fees, and poaching destroys our resources.

Without singling out people and without name calling show your support by responding with a yea or nea on whether or not poaching is wrong.