HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tumble before or after depriming/sizing?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 8mm/06
RR, what brand(s) of polish come in the RED variety? I have only used the midway product in the plastic bottle with flip lid. Does the fact that the polish you mention is RED have anyting to do with it's effectiveness? Is the RED color a type of milling rouge?

I'm getting ready to load for many of my rifles and handguns and am trying to get up to speed on the new loading products.

Thanks
I posted this discovery on another posting about what I found and it just seems to be the color the walnut hulls come out after being crushed up. I don't feel that the color is added for I have used it as garage spill media after it gets dirty, as I do my corn cob stuff, when changing oil on the Harleys and it never leaves the red color behind on a painted floor.
I have used it several times on various calibers and it seems to work real well on somewhat dirty brass. I don't use an additive with it though. When I plan on doing some really dirty range pick up brass after we have a training day, I use corn cob with some Frankford Arsenal brass tumbler additive. Smells like oranges. Works OK.
I found that crushed walnut hull stuff that RR was speaking of for about $11 for a 15-17lb bag at out local Pets Smart store under that same name and use.

Last edited by SecondChance; 01-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.