HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - All Maryland Residents
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:16 AM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Annapolis Update #1 - Second Amendment Rights

It is no secret that our Second Amendment rights are presently under attack in Annapolis. The Governor will be pushing for anti-gun bills which will further restrict law-abiding citizens while accomplishing nothing toward making the public safer.

While I believe that gun control is the ability to hit where you're aiming, the Annapolis liberals define it as removing guns from law-abiding people. Even though their proposed bills may not call for it this year, their strategy in incremental -- a little now, a little more next year, and so on.

This is my 11th session as a member of the House of Delegates. Nothing I have seen over these years leads me to believe that the majority party will listen to us when we voice our opposition to anti-gun legislation. To date, I have received over 1500 -- that is, one thousand, five hundred -- emails from concerned citizens across the state. You are one of them, and I thank you for starting to fight for our rights.

But, based on my experience, I believe that this is only the beginning of our struggles. I predict that anti-gun legislation will make it through the General Assembly this year, and of course the Governor will sign it. You must be prepared to take any bad legislation to court, where we will face multi-year litigation to fight for our rights.

I hope I do not sound cynical. I think this is a realistic appraisal of our situation in Maryland in 2013.

In case you haven't heard about these organizations, you can follow legislation with Associated Gun Clubs, www.AssociatedGunClubs.org and with Maryland Shall Issue, www.MarylandShallissue.org

Again, thank you for being a concerned citizen. If it weren't for the encouragement of knowing people like you are out there, my job would be impossible.

Rick Impallaria
Delegate, District 7 (Baltimore & Harford Counties)
410-841-3289