HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming NR tag prices going up?
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:26 AM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

1 thing that's good is the non res vs res multiplier, which is going to be about 10x before I believe it was over 10x, although prices are expected to go up!

non-res grizz is ridiculous! $7300 for just the tag!? in AK spend a bit more and you can get a guide and license!

this stuff is a runaway train if you ask me, not sure anything is going to stop it, 10x is much better than 43x but still 10x is absurd.

if money is the only reason, they might as well make all tags the non res fee, which would generate way more $$ and more tags/less people/less pressure. of course I'm being a bit fictitious but honestly.

Perhaps this will encourage non-res to get outfitters and hunt private land? or just the opposite?

I'm honestly to the point that I will no longer just buy any tag and go hunt/wing it, I'm waiting for great units, so hunting less often, spending less money in these states.

At least some resident tag prices are going from nothing to something...

The trend does seem to be going towards this 10x multiplier idea though, but tag fees for everyone are going up, but not residents who usually have 10% of the tags are generating as much in tag fees as all residents combined or more.

btw the normal tags aren't that crazy expensive, but the special tags have become crazy expensive for all but perhaps an antelope? wait $660 for a non res special antelope? 810 for a special deer? special elk $1330?

Last edited by salukipv1; 01-25-2013 at 10:29 AM.