HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 18 Point non typical
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:14 PM
DeppedyDogg
Fork Horn

Default Yeah

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
"Tell me that somehow, hunting a 30000 acre ranch in those 'Senderos' (sp.?) is not akin to fenced hunting. Those ranchers and directors know every buck on that ranch. Knows their habits probably better than that of their Spouses."

***You are kidding I hope! Tell me you're kidding, LOL! "Know every buck and their habits" on 30,000 acres of property that's thicker and stickier than you would ever believe any place could be is a statement that is is just plain false and not even in the ballpark. It's great to have an opinion on something, but it would sure be nice if opinions were backed up with some knowledge of what is being discussed to make that opinion more than hot air! How many of you on this thread that are dissing these larger fenced places in the thousands of acres have been in or even close to one in their lifetimes to be spouting some of the garbage that comes out when this is discussed? I have over at least 20+ years and it doesn't sound like any of the negative talkers have a clue about them! If you hunt an island that is several thousand acres in size and the animals can't get away, what is the difference if it's water or a fence surrounding that land? That happens up on some of the big islands in upper Lakes Michigan and Huron and it dang sure isn't like shooting cattle!!!
Top, In short - I'm agreeing with you. As to Hot Air/Opinions, no sir. Empirical data here. Whilst not all Directors will advise they know every deer on their property, most high profile Ranches do make such boasts. True or untrue remains to be known but I am repeating what has been advised directly.

I take everything with a grain of salt pal but when someone makes a claim, you have two choices: either believe it or not. No reason for me to not believe a Rancher or Director that states such a thing. He Lives the Life. His Profession IS to know his property. Why shouldn't he know his Ranch.

Anyway, it don't much matter. I'll never make one of those hunts. Best I can make nowadays is hunting with my family in the Catskills for another 300# ghost.