HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Earn a Buck program in NJ- your story
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2003, 04:12 PM
Gold Hunter

Default RE: Earn a Buck program in NJ- your story

Well, yesterday, I had a 5 pt walk under me and gave me many opportunities to make the shot. I had to pass.

Then, a large group of does and young ones walked toward me, one winded me a bit, and the group basically stopped out of range. They did not spook, but they avoided me.

Then, a 6 point, shadowed by a button buck gave me ample shots as they both passed under my stand. I decided not to fill my anterless tag with a button buck.

5 minutes later another button buck (with a large body) walked under me. I passed again, but that one was tougher due to the nice size body.

With it getting dark, and a bunch of bucks chasing does in the soy bean field, I was getting discouraged that only bucks seemed to get near me.

Watching the field, a 6 point buck chased a doe out of the beans, right to my stand and WHAMO, I nailed her with the buck on her tail as she slowed down.

She is now at my favorite deer processor aging tenderly.

Now it is once again time to start hunting for BIG DADDY BUCK!!!!

Of course, Murphy (Murphy' s Law) will follow me to my stand and the bucks will no longer give me the opportunities I had yesterday.