HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Camo
Thread: Which Camo
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 AM
ModernPrimitive
Typical Buck

I'm going to mention NaturalGear with a caveat.

Not only have I found it to be a great pattern for deer, but more than one time on stand I've had a bird of prey perch within feet of me totally unaware of my presence until I moved!

The caveat: their product line seems to have random availability & I feel the quality could be a bit higher, though for the price it is fair.

ASAT-my friend & I learned about this several years ago now & he rec'd a few garments at Christmas. We did a comparison test. I understand deer "see" differently but, we were both able to pick out the ASAT much easier than the NatGear pattern in various backgrounds(including different seasons)-and he is color blind!

I do think ASAT is good quality & have had their Elite line on my wish list for awhile. The thing is, I've harvested far more deer than my buddy has!

I once had my photo taken, at a distance, wearing Mossy Oak & Real Tree 3d-I may as well have been dressed in hot pink- just one big human shaped blob.

To be honest,the old style Forest Green always worked for me & I've talked with guys who swear by the newer digital camo versions as they are readily available and fairly inexpensive!