HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 223 for deer?
Thread: 223 for deer?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:01 PM
fritz1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner

NOSLER® INTRODUCES BONDED PERFORMANCE™ BULLET LINE

Bend, Ore. – November 21, 2012 – Nosler, Inc. the world’s foremost bonded bullet manufacturer is announcing their new Bonded PERFORMANCE™ .224 caliber, 64 grain Bonded Solid Base® bullet. The 64gr Bonded PERFORMANCE™ bullet is designed to maximize the terminal performance of .22 caliber rifle cartridges. While most .22 caliber bullets are designed to be highly frangible, the Bonded Solid Base® is designed for controlled expansion, high weight retention, and deep penetration. The Bonded Solid Base® makes an excellent medium game hunting bullet for states where .22 caliber rifles are legal for hunting as well as personal defense.

The Bonded Solid Base® bullet features a Protected Point design for reliable feeding in both bolt action and semi-automatic rifles. The tapered jacket ensures controlled expansion while the proprietary bonding process prevents fragmentation and guarantees high weight retention. The AccuBond® bonding process welds the copper jacket to the lead core to virtually eliminate the possibility of core-jacket separation. Solid Base® construction supports the mushroom for wide wound channels and deep, straight-line penetration.

The .224, 64gr. Bonded Solid Base® bullet will be available in component form in 100 count packaging, as well as loaded in Nosler’s own Nosler® DEFENSE™ 223 Remington ammunition.
RR
RR, have you tried these bullets yet? I havnt been able to find them anywhere arround here, I bought some more 60gr. Partitions the other day but I am really wanting to give these a shot. I am going to Reno to the SCI Convention this month, maybe Nosler will have some there. I cant wait to see how they shoot in my 223.