HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pass Thru - #7
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM
On_Point
Typical Buck

Well, good news fellas. I took a little 97" buck this morning. Easy shot, easy recovery & a great experience.

I got out 30 minutes before first light this morning. I ended up taking a little cat nap in the summit just after getting settled in & woke up to this guy browsing directly underneath me about 7:20am. I waited for him to turn broadside to me & I took the 5 yard shot. It was high in his back due to the angle of the shot & it was also a bit far back but it did pass thru clipping both lungs. He didnt run far before piling up, about 50-60 yards. Though he's not the buck I had wanted, he's meat in the freezer & points on the board. Ive passed on this buck several times this year in hopes of a bigger deer. Ive even been face to face with him while walking out to the truck mid-day. Each time thinking that he'll grow into one fine mature buck, but Ive yet to have a buck at 5 yards this season, nor have I ever had a buck wake me up from a nap. Today just wasnt his day & if I wasnt this far into the season, I might have let him still walk, but after last weekends incident, I let him have it.
Also bringing our combined score to 832 5/8, & 150 points ahead of 2nd place.

Last edited by On_Point; 12-29-2012 at 02:10 PM.