HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Elk Hunt Questions
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM
kpatte26
Fork Horn

Default PA Elk Hunt Questions

Over the last few weeks a few of my friends and I have kicked around the idea of hunting Elk in Pa since we already live here which could help cut some of the cost, make it easier to scout for elk, and make it easier to have other hunting friends assist with the hunt. Here is a list of the questions that we have so far for the folks who have hunted Elk in Pa....
1. When do we officially apply? From the research I have done it is August of the same calender year that we want to hunt.
2. Is it mandatory or optional to hire a guide?
3. If it is mandatory does the Game Comission keep a list of Guides? Would you recommend a specific guide or guide service?
4. Are there better odds for getting a tag by applying for a specific tag? For example: Antlerless tag, Either sex tag, or Antlered tag?
5. Does it matter which area that is applied for on draw success?
For example: Elk Hunt Zone 2 has 15 tags available versus Elk Hunt Zone 4 which has 2 tags availabe.
6. My research did not specify a weapon specific season like Archery from one time period to another, Firearms from this time period to this time period... Does that mean if I want to use my bow the entire hunt I can or is there a specific time frame to use my bow?
Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to the feedback!