HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which Shockwave Sabot Bulet?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM
falcon
Boone & Crockett

i've killed 20-25 deer and many dozen wild hogs using the 250 grain SST and 250 grain Shockwave bullets. The noses of the 250 grain SST bullet and the 250 grain Shockwave are different. The SST has a soft pliable nose; the Shockwave has a hard plastic nose. i have long thought theres a difference in the expansion of those bullets under some circumstances.

On the last day of OK deer gun season i shot a big fat doe at about 80 yards with the 250 grain Shockwave bullet. That doe went down at the shot, jumped up and took off. After checking the ground where the deer went down it was evident the bullet did not expand.

After searching for 45 minutes i found that deer over 200 yards away-dead. The exit hole was about .50" in diameter and both lungs had puncture holes. When that bullet expands it destroys the lungs.

i'm almost out of 250 grain Shockwave bullets, the remainder will be expended on targets and i will buy no more of them. i do have lots of 150 grain SST bullets that i will continue to use.

Last edited by falcon; 12-29-2012 at 05:58 AM.