HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hoyt Spyder
Thread: Hoyt Spyder
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Sageboy
Spike

Default Hoyt Spyder

I'm not one to post much and I apologize for that but wanted to share my experience with shooting the new Spyder.

3 years ago I bought the Hoyt Maxxis when it first came out and absolutely fell in love with the bow. There was nothing I didn't like about it. The other day I called the Hoyt dealer and said that I was comparing the specs of the Maxxis and Spyder and on paper the specs were pretty close. My question was how much of a difference is there and would it be noticeable. In my mind I'm figuring there can't be that big of a difference. He said you wouldn't believe it if you didn't shoot it and said you have to shoot it and you be the judge.

So off to the bow shop I go. I get there and he pulls one off the rack that would meet my specs. He said the only thing I'm going to do is put a rest on it just so you can shoot it. The rest is on and upstairs we go to send one down range. On the very first shot I was sold on this bow. It was incredible. There was nothing on this bow and was not tricked out at all. I took a few more shots just because it was so nice to shoot.

Needless to say I walked out of the shop with it. If anyone has been thinking about getting this bow you must shoot it. It's amazing how how much better it shot from the Maxxis. I never would have believed it if I never shot it. It's scary to think what will come out next and find it hard to believe they could put out something better but then again that's what I said about the Maxxis.