HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dear Dog Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:43 AM
shooter50
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fishguts
This comment is so idiotic it doesn't deserve a reply. But I just can't resist.

I assume you come home from a four-hour church session and sit on the couch the rest of the day and do nothing, correct? Anything else would violate your idea of rest. By your standard, God would be angry if you went shopping or changed the oil in your truck or went to a football game or maybe even out to dinner. Of course, by your standard, none of those activities would be allowed because that would require you or others to work when all businesses should instead be closed on Sunday, right?

I assume you are opposed to target shooting on Sundays because that violates your idea of "peace."

How about you stay home on Sunday if you choose not to hunt and let me decide to do what I want on my land? Walking into my woodlot and climbing into a treestand isn't work. Neither is following my dog through the mountains. Don't tell me or anyone else we aren't doing it right. You sound like a complete idiot when you say that.

Me hunting on my land on Sunday doesn't affect you or anyone else. 43 other states allow Sunday hunting. The world continues to spin, hikers and birdwatchers aren't being gunned down and everyone goes about their business.

I would love to meet you in person because I would show you that I am a sinner just like everybody because I would mop my kitchen floor with your head on a Sunday! Sunday "the Sabbath" is a day of rest. Says it in the bible. Now if you are a farmer and you have a mule fall in a hole and get stuck should you leave him there??? No you go and get him out. I HAVE to work 2 Sundays a month to support my family. Do I want to work on Sunday??? Absolutely not! But I have to. There are certain things you have to do on a Sunday and hunting is not one of them. And come on going to the rifle range on Sunday, going to the grocery store, watching a ball game, going out to dinner, none of those are work. Now hunting and killing an animal on Sunday just dosen't feel right to me. I don't care if Va passes the law for Sunday hunting tomorrow so you can follow your dog Sunday thru the woods and let him hunt for you thats your choice. But I have morals and I believe whatever animal you are pursuing deserves one day a week of peace so you and your mutt can leave them alone. But go hunting kill a deer leave a big gut pile in the woods, drive home with blood running off your tail gate on a Sunday if that suits you. Its not for me. And your right I am a Christian and I haven't been to church in years. But I have a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and I just feel that it would be a disgrace to kill one of his creatures on a Sunday. I have Monday thru Saturday for that. I think most of you need Sunday to hunt because you can't kill them through the rest of the week and you need an extra day! I will teach you how to hunt if you wish......will charge by the hour......send pm's for my available schedule and rates lol!

Oh and by the way fishnuts I will teach you for free! I will say a prayer for you today....you need it. Now I have to go calm down and ask for forgiveness because I know I said some things here I shouldn't have but when you start bashing christians and my religious beliefs I get red! I just give MY opinion I have that right, just the same as you have the right to yours. No one is right or wrong with their OWN opinion.