HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please dont give up, Track Your Deer!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 AM
shooter50
Fork Horn

Good post. My father and I used to hunt a piece of property until it was sold out from under us and the new land owner is a tree hugger so that was the end of hunting that property. Anyway we still have a small 5 acre or so adjoining piece of property that we still have permission to hunt. A couple of years ago I shot a deer and went to the "new" landowner of the old property I used to hunt and asked permission to go and retrieve my deer and he responded and I quote "let it rot! I do not condone deer murdering or deer murderers on my property". So after an brief exchange of heated comments I left and went back to where I shot the deer, went to where the deer slid under the fence, sit my gun against a tree and went and got the damn thing anyway! I will take my chances with a getting a ticket than just to let a deer "rot" I am a hunter not a "killer". I can assure you between my father and I we have probably retrieved roughly 10 deer or so that has has crossed onto his property since he told us we weren't allowed but I will be damned if I am going to let a deer lay there to go to waste. The way the 5 acres is layed out it is kind of unavoidable not to hunt close to a property line. Will never go onto his property with my weapon, but I will to retrieve my deer.

Now the property I hunt now when my first deer crossed onto the neighbors property I went to his front door and asked permission and told me to go ahead and find my deer and I don't have to ask permission the next time it happens just go get it, but I still go to his door and tell either him or his wife I will be on there property retrieving a deer.

I don't get some people!