HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dear Dog Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 04:06 AM
fishguts
Spike

Originally Posted by shooter50
I was hoping the Sunday hunting thing wasn't going to come back up. I am a proud VA hunter which happens to believe Sunday's should remain a day of peace = No Hunting On Sundays. I am no Bible thumper, but I know the bible says Sunday is a day of peace/rest. I believe in GOD and everything in the Bible. Hunting should not be allowed in VA on Sundays because it is work. Anybody that says hunting isn't work is lying thru their teeth. If it's not than your not hunting....your a wanna be......or some spoiled person who has prime property where you do more "killing" than you do "hunting". And personally killing on a Sunday seems appauling to me.

This comment is so idiotic it doesn't deserve a reply. But I just can't resist.

I assume you come home from a four-hour church session and sit on the couch the rest of the day and do nothing, correct? Anything else would violate your idea of rest. By your standard, God would be angry if you went shopping or changed the oil in your truck or went to a football game or maybe even out to dinner. Of course, by your standard, none of those activities would be allowed because that would require you or others to work when all businesses should instead be closed on Sunday, right?

I assume you are opposed to target shooting on Sundays because that violates your idea of "peace."

How about you stay home on Sunday if you choose not to hunt and let me decide to do what I want on my land? Walking into my woodlot and climbing into a treestand isn't work. Neither is following my dog through the mountains. Don't tell me or anyone else we aren't doing it right. You sound like a complete idiot when you say that.

Me hunting on my land on Sunday doesn't affect you or anyone else. 43 other states allow Sunday hunting. The world continues to spin, hikers and birdwatchers aren't being gunned down and everyone goes about their business.