HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dear Dog Hunters
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:25 PM
slowr1der
Fork Horn

The one thing I keep reading in this thread is how dog hunters don't want Sunday hunting because the VDHA opposes it. I'm not sure what makes you all think that all of the dog hunters in VA or even the majority of them support the VDHA.

I hunt both with dogs and out of a stand, and I know quite a few dog hunters, yet I don't know a single one that is a VDHA member or supports them in any way. The large majority of dog hunters I know, including myself are in favor of Sunday hunting for everyone.

That said, I've been surprised how many people I've talked to including stand hunters and land owners that while they no longer hunt, allow us to use their land for free that strongly oppose Sunday hunting. Most of them have reasons that I see flaws with, but they still oppose it, and I'm certainly not going to be able to change their mind. It's not a bill that every hunter in VA wants passed like you would think from reading this thread.

Now that being said, I'd like to see it passed just as much as the rest of you all, and I know most guys in my group that I hunt with would also love to see it passed.